Skip to main content

Reward Offered for Bomb-Threat Information

Pennsylvania College of Technology is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for either of two bomb threats that have forced suspension of College operations twice within the past week.

Penn College President Dr. Davie Jane Gilmour announced the establishment of the reward today, saying all information received will be treated as confidentially as the law permits. Those with information about either incident are asked to call a special hotline at 320-5280.

Dr. Gilmour said a College Police investigation continues into the bomb threat that was received one week ago today.

“The College is pursuing leads into last week’s incident,” she said. “This new threat underscores our commitment to apprehending those responsible for these reckless acts so that they can be prosecuted and brought to justice. Students are being deprived of class and laboratory time, and they have become understandably annoyed by these disruptions. These incidents also create an unnecessary financial burden for the College.”

Classes and activities resumed at noonMonday following a bomb threat that was phoned in to the College switchboard at 8:31 a.m. A similar threat Oct. 23 caused cancellation of an entire day and night’s worth of classes and activities.

After the latest threat was received, students residing in on-campus housing and children in day care and kindergarten classes at the Children’s Learning Center at Penn College were transported to an off-campus location.

Faculty and staff were given the option of returning home or going to an off-campus site designated by the College.

As in last week’s threat, all buildings were searched thoroughly by College Police and volunteer staff before being reopened.

Subscribe to PCToday Daily Email