Students, Employees Encouraged to Subscribe to ‘PCT Alerts’ Service
Information Technology Services recommends that students and employees sign up for PCT Alerts, the communication system by which they will receive emergency text-messages advising them of building/campus evacuations, security threats and weather bulletins (including college snow closures).
Students who have cellphones with text-messaging capabilities are strongly encouraged to sign up for the service by following these simple steps.
- Log in to the Student Information System
- Click on “Miscellaneous Information” in the left navigation area, then select the “Change Student Preferences” option
- In the “Text Message Alerts” section, enter your cellphone’s e-mail address, which is your 10-digit phone number followed by “@” and the domain unique to your cellphone service provider. For example, Verizon Wireless customers would use “@vtext.com.” If you don’t know your phone’s e-mail domain, consult your cellphone user’s manual, check your provider’s Web site or check online for common carriers.
- Click on the “Send a test message” button to send yourself a message and verify that you can receive an alert.
- (Optional) Select “Subscribe to individual class cancellation notification” if you would also like to receive notification whenever one of your classes is canceled by the instructor.
- Click on the Submit button to update your information.
If you have any problems with the sign-up procedure, please contact the Student Help Desk by e-mail , or by phone at (570) 322-7154 (from off campus) or ext. 7154 (from any on-campus phone).
College employees who want to receive “PCT Alert” text messages on their cellphones can follow these steps to sign up for the new service:
- Log in to the Employee Information System
- Select the “Manage My EIS Account” option
- Select the “Change Preferences” option
- Enter your phone’s text message e-mail address. (Don’t know your phone’s text message e-mail address? Visit on the Web.)
- Use the “Send a test message” button to send yourself a message and verify that you can receive an alert.
- Click on Submit.
If you have any problems with the EIS sign-up procedure, please contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk at ext. 7329 or by e-mail .
Please visit the Emergency Response Web page for more information on how to respond and react in emergency situations on campus and at other college facilities.