Information Technology Servicesrecommends that students and employees sign up for PCT Alerts, the communication system by which they will receive emergency text-messagesadvising them ofbuilding/campus evacuations, security threats and weather bulletins (including college snow closures).
Students who have cell phones with text-messaging capabilities are strongly encouraged to sign up for the service by following these simple steps.
- Log in to the Student Information System
- Click on “Miscellaneous Information” in the left navigation area, then select the “Change Student Preferences” option
- In the “Text Message Alerts” section, enter your cell phone’s e-mail address, which is your 10-digit phone number followed by “@” and the domain unique to your cell phone service provider. For example, Verizon Wireless customers would use “@vtext.com.” If you don’t know your phone’s e-mail domain, consult your cell phone user’s manual, check your provider’s Web site or check online for common carriers.
- Click on the “Send a test message” button to send yourself a message and verify that you can receive an alert.
- (Optional) Select “Subscribe to individual class cancellation notification” if you would also like to receive notification whenever one of your classes is canceled by the instructor.
- Click on the Submit button to update your information.
If you have any problems with the sign-up procedure, please contact the Student Help Desk by e-mail , or by phone at (570) 322-7154 (from off campus) or ext. 7154 (from any on-campus phone).
College employees who want to receive “PCT Alert” text messages on their cell phones can follow these steps to sign up for the new service:
- Log in to the Employee Information System
- Select the “Manage My EIS Account” option
- Select the “Change Preferences” option
- Enter your phone’s text message e-mail address. (Don’t know your phone’s text message e-mail address? Visit on the Web.)
- Use the “Send a test message” button to send yourself a message and verify that you can receive an alert.
- Click on Submit.
If you have any problems with the EIS sign-up procedure, please contact the Information Technology Services Help Desk at ext. 7329 or by e-mail .
Please visit the Emergency Response Web page for more information on how to respond and react in emergency situations on campus and at other college facilities.