Services Held for ‘Master Teacher’ Dennis E. Fink

Dennis E. Fink celebrated his May 2012 retirement at that month's commencement, surrounded by a fraction of the horticulture students he inspired during 38 years of teaching.

Dennis E. Fink celebrated his May 2012 retirement at that month’s commencement, surrounded by a fraction of the horticulture students he inspired during 38 years of teaching.

A visitation and funeral were held Dec. 27-28 for Dennis E. Fink, 1997′s Master Teacher and a retired assistant professor of horticulture, who died Monday, Dec. 23. His wife of 43 years, Christine A., is Penn College’s floral designer and an adjunct faculty member at the Schneebeli Earth Science Center. A full obituary was published in the Williamsport Sun-Gazette.

7 Comments

1. Greg Black says:

I didn’t realize he passed away. He was a great teacher of horticulture and a great human!! Tons of respect for him. RIP and thoughts and prayers to the family! Class of 89 :)

Posted January 21, 2014 at 2:58 pm
  2. Joan Eisenhuth Fox says:

So sad to learn of Dennis’ passing. He was not only a good teacher, he was my friend; lots of fun memories with him and Chris. A sad loss for all who knew him; my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Posted January 22, 2014 at 2:35 pm
  3. Janet Brown Hale says:

I was unaware of this ’til this evening. I am so sad of his passing. I have many great memories with Mr. Fink and Chris.

Posted January 26, 2014 at 10:28 pm
  4. Frank Brouse says:

Dennis was a great teacher and dedicated to his craft. I appreciated him as a teacher and friend during my time at WACC (Class of ’80). I was fortunate, along with several others from our class, to reunite with him during the homecoming this year. I thank him for his service to our country and our prayers go out to his family.

Posted January 27, 2014 at 1:22 pm
  5. Mike Bruckhart says:

Sad to hear of Mr. Fink’s passing. He was a great person and friend. I always enjoyed seeing and talking with him. Even for all the years I have been out of school, I always tried to stay in contact with him. I will miss you, dear friend.

Posted January 27, 2014 at 1:27 pm
  6. Bob Williams says:

I like Mr. Fink. He was always smiling. I first met him in 1975. I was a Nursery student; he was our soils professor. He was a very good teacher. God will be happy to have him in heaven. May he rest in peace.

Posted January 27, 2014 at 7:34 pm
  7. Nicole Smith Basiago says:

I’m sorry to hear this. He was a wonderful person and a great teacher.

Posted January 28, 2014 at 8:38 am